Here’s 9 ways to get in the holiday spirit at Southbury Green – while crossing some things off your shopping list!
Post sponsored by Southbury Green
Southbury Green is a lifestyle and fashion hub with a mix of shops and dining options in Southbury, very close to where we both live. One-stop shopping + playtime = we’re big fans!
1. Check out the new holiday eyeshadow palettes at Merle Norman.
Did you know Merle Norman has been around for 90 years?! We popped in and met store owner Lida, who’s been in Southbury for 40 years. You’ll find a full makeup and skincare line with over 200 foundations. They’ve got skincare for older, acne-prone, and sensitive skin. And it’s made in the US + never tested on animals.
2. Warm up with a bowl of homemade chicken & rice soup at Chip’s Family Restaurant.
Well known near and far for their pancakes and breakfast, Chip’s is a family-owned cozy spot. Perfect to take a shopping break and grab a bowl of chicken soup for the soul.
3. Treat yourself to a cute new holiday sweater from Loft.
Loft always nails it with their winter sweater designs. We can’t resist a cozy penguin sweater or warm turtle neck. It’s like they’re in our heads with what we want in our knits!
4. Grab a coffee or hot chocolate at Starbucks!
Nothing puts you in the mood like a festive cup and a whole lot of whipped cream. We’ll deal with it in January. For now, ’tis the season!
5. Get a festive mani/pedi…or grab a new color to-go at Watercolor Nails & Spa
It’s been a while since we’ve been…there’s a lot of plexiglass in nail salons nowadays! Watercolor Nails is bright, clean, and plexi’d! They also offer an organic spa manicure which we love the sound of.
6. Find cute holiday masks at Home Goods and make other people smile/laugh/run away.
7. Stock up on greens and eggs at ShopRite.
It’s what was on our list!
8. Get in the spirit (wine, beer, cider, mixers, etc…) at Warehouse Wine & Liquors.
We stopped at Warehouse Wine & Liquors and grabbed a bottle of hard-to-come-by Litchfield Distillery strawberry vodka. And Lora got carded [made my day]. Also of note, they have a great made-in-CT selection and a huge walk-in beer cave. Brrrrr!
9. Breathe and take a walk!
If you’re like us, you might like to combine shopping with a quick 5,000 or so steps. Take a stroll along Southbury’s Main Street starting at the gazebo. It’s 2.6 miles of pedestrian-friendly sidewalk to Leo’s and back.
While you’re at Southbury Green…
You can also pop into:
- Massage Envy
- Vein Clinics of America
Pics: Lora Karam / Words: Bev Canepari